Offices in:
Wells
Cardiff
Ledbury

Eastnor Castle

Since 1986 the practice have been retained by the Estate to carry out a phased programme of major structural repairs, renewal of roof coverings and masonry repairs to the Castle which was constructed between 1812 and 1818 to the design of Sir Robert Smirke.  All roof and floor structures are constructed with cast iron trusses and beams so that all imposed loads must be taken on the walls of the building creating a considerable challenge to the architects and engineers when scaffolding is required.

Improvements to the Castle have included conversion of former servants quarters into guest bedrooms, creation of private accommodation for the Hervey-Bathurst family in the south wing and incorporation of discrete goods and passenger lifts within the building.